Conference calls work by having each participant call a ‘dial-in’ phone number and then type in an ‘access code’. Start an on-demand teleconference using the following steps:
- Copy and share your conference details, letting everyone know the date/time to join.
- Host: Call the preferred dial-in number.
- Enter Moderator PIN followed by the # key.
- Participants: Call the preferred dial-in number.
- Enter access code followed by the # key.
- Use the same call-in details for all future calls.
- No need to login to your account.
- Participants can join via web or phone and will all be connected in the same conference call.
- Call the dial-in number
- Enter your moderator PIN followed by the # key
(You can find your moderator PIN via ‘Dial-in information’)
- Press *9 to begin recording
- Everyone will hear a message that the call is being recorded
(This is so that we adhere to privacy and GDPR regulations)
- Press *9 again to stop/pause the recording at any point
- The recording will automatically end when your conference ends and an email with an mp3 download link and playback information will be sent to the host. The same details can be found in your account via the right-hand menu under ‘Recordings’ and also via ‘Past’ calls.
NOTE: Only hosts/moderators can initiate recording. More than one person can use the moderator PIN.
Our service offers a selection of dial-in numbers around the world that are “in country”; callers would pay only their local fees to reach the conference line. There are also international Toll Free Numbers available to ensure that callers are not charged any fees.* To access these numbers, just log into your account, then on the main Conference page click “More” next to your assigned dial-in number. Here you will see a list of numbers. Provide these dial-in numbers to your international participants, along with the rest of the relevant call information. Those parties would dial in just like any other call participants, but using the international dial-in number assigned to their country (callers in countries not listed can dial into any of the US-based dial-in numbers, using their usual country calling codes).
Add any of these numbers to your list of Primary Dial-in Numbers by going to Settings, typing in all or part of the country name, then highlighting that country and hitting Save. International numbers added to your account in this manner will automatically appear on any conference invitations you send through our site.
*Additional per minute charges apply.
Hosts can view the full caller number of participants who join via phone. You can also add contacts to your address book directly within your online meeting room during a conference.
- Add a name to your telephone participants so you know exactly who is in your meeting and who is talking.
- Save a contact phone number directly to your address book so you know exactly who is connecting in your conferences on future meetings.
- See the names of who was present in each meeting in the email summary.
- Search names using the ‘Smart Search’ feature in your account and see which meetings your contacts have attended (not available with every subscription).
*NOTE: Only moderators will be able to view full caller numbers and only moderators who are logged into their account (i.e. not someone who was made moderator by the host/organizer) will have the ability to edit contacts.
How does it work?
- If you have already added phone numbers to contacts in your address book, as people join your conference via phone, you will be able to see their name displayed from what you already entered in your address book.
- While in the online meeting room as moderator, just open the participant list and click on the phone number of one of your attendees and you will be given the option to add a name to a new or existing contact in your address book. Hit ‘Save’ to confirm the changes.
- Phone participants will have a handset icon below their name or number and any web participants will have a computer icon below their names.
Telephone Conference Controls:
Available to all callers:
*2 Raise or lower your hand
*6 Mute or unmute your line
Available to call moderators only:
*5 Meeting Lock
*7 Toggle Mute Mode (see below for details)
*8 Toggle entry and exit chimes
*9 Start and stop recording
*0 End Conference
Available Mute Modes:
Conversation Mode: Default mode where all participants may speak, mute or unmute themselves by pressing *6.
Q&A Mode: All participants are muted and have the ability to unmute themselves individually.
Presentation Mode: All participants are muted and can only be unmuted by the moderator.
Set a default Mute Mode for all calls:
The default mute mode for all your calls can be set from within your account. Go to ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Moderator Add-On’ and click on your preferred default mute mode.
*Note that this new setting will only apply to calls that take place or are scheduled after you changed the setting. To change the default mute mode for calls already scheduled, you would need to cancel and re-schedule them to have the new setting applied to those calls.
Moderate the call from your computer:
If you would like to moderate your call from your computer, under the ‘FAQs’ section, you will find the article
‘How can I Manage my call Online?‘ which explains how you can manage your conference via the Online Meeting Room.